Avail's "paci" is a big deal in our house. She has slept with it everyday since she was born. Her two favorite things are her paci and pink blanket. Since the baby will be here in 8 weeks or less, I decided we needed to break the habit before Avail's life changes even more. So, last week I started clipping the tip of the pacifier. At first Avail knew there was a hole in it. She kept saying "yikes, yikes daddy needs to fix it!" Each day the hole got bigger and bigger until yesterday Avail couldn't keep it in her mouth. There were a few tears, but Avail decided to put it in the trash. Last night was the first night without it. It went pretty good, except Avail would not stop talking in bed! Finally, after 2 hours and many threats, Avail fell asleep. She is doing much better than I thought she would. I am hoping the rest of the week will be this smooth without her favorite thing.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
She did great for her fist night and she'll contiue to do better. Stick with it. It's probably easier to take it away now than when she starts Kindergarten!
hee hee! That's good that it was HER decision to throw it away. That was a very good idea - mom's have to be sneaky sometimes!
Post a Comment