Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Big 3-0


So yesterday I turned the big 30! It wasn't that bad and I think this is going to be a good year! We started off the day with birthday cake. The kids loved it.








Then I went to lunch with one of my favorite neighbors, Shar, and our kids. We ate at Cafe and it was so yummy. Then I took the afternoon off from everything and caught up on the shows that I love to watch. After cub scouts, Matt and I were planning on meeting our friends David and Erin for Teppanyaki. As we were dropping off the kids for Alicia to watch, I was surprised by my family and friends being there! That was fun. Then we really did go to Teppanyaki. After a fabulous and fun dinner, I went over to Amber's, another neighbor, for girls night. I love my neighbors! There is usually a weekly girls night, and it doesn't end until the next morning. I usually bail a little after midnight though, I need my beauty sleep and my kids need a happy mom!

It was a fun day and am glad that it is over and I can start my 30's. I loved my twenties, but 30 is going to be good.

And on that note I am starting a new job next week. I am excited to work for Jetblue! Mostly for the travel benefits, but I get to stay at home and earn a little spending money. I am totally excited to plan a surprise trip to Disneyland and Seaworld for Avail's b-day this summer! Oh the places Jetblue will take me!

3 comments:

Amy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! BIG 30- I am almost there with ya. I am glad you had fun, you deserve it!

the Cardon Clan said...

Happy Birthday. I thought about you all day that day. I should have called you . . . I know I'm a horrible cousin. What a fun day you had! We really need to get together soon. Any AZ trips planned? You are always welcomed at our house!!

April Morgan McCoy "Auntie April" said...

Happy late birthday Brooke! I can't believe I'm going to be 30 next month. All of my siblings and I are going to Las Vegas in May to celebrate my 30th bday and Kimberly's 40th bday. I am super excited. Can you believe how long we have known each other. You are so grown up all married with kids. I can't believe your sister is getting married. I remember when she was a newborn. I feel so behind. I don't graduate for over a year and it will probably be about 4 years til I have my first kid. My husband (future husband) will be 40 at that point. OUCH! LOL Anyway, you look lovely and have a beautiful family. Here's to our 30's!