Friday, August 22, 2008

The NieNie Dialogues




I am a follower of NieNie. Although I have never met her, I enjoy reading her blog and getting a glimpse into her amazing life. Last Saturday, Stephanie and her husband Christian were in a terrible plane crash. I have been thinking about her and her family all week. Stephanie is so beautiful and a wonderful mother and wife who totally adores her husband. When reading her blog, I feel like I can be a little bit better at the things I do around my home.


I love this blog in the archives of NieNie.


My lover and our "thing"

I am sure like me you have your “things” you do with your lover. Mine is eating cereal late at night. We do it so sneaky almost as giddy as a child on Christmas morning. It is fantastic and exhilarating! I bet you never thought eating cereal with your lover after your children are in bed would and could be thrilling did you? It is, trust me.8:00 rolls around and after the girls are out of the tub (which usually begins cheerful and amusing and ends with screaming and scratches, with occasional blood) I usher them into their bedroom trying to be as sweet as I can be, but thoughts of cereal dance in my head. Swiftly enough I say prayers give kisses and I’m out the door faster than they can ask for a bedtime story.The door shuts and I exhale. Christian and I tiptoe around the kitchen. He gets the milk and cereal while I get the bowls and spoons-his big mine small. We quietly soar to the basement and pour ourselves a heaping bowl of mini wheats with the right amount of soymilk. Perfect. We sit down. Christian smiles at me on the opposite end of our couch as our feet play footsies. Cereal crunches in between sentences as we chat about children, our schedules for the next day, sometimes we watch TV, sometimes a movie, but mostly we just laugh about the children and something comical they did.I used to think when Christian used to “need” a bowl of cereal after my dinner I slaved over was rude. Now I understand his desire for “something crunchy". It is addicting, in a good way. Christian can't have his cereal without me, and I likewise... we need each other to satisfy the craving. It is deliciously sexy!If you ever come to visit us out here in New Jersey take heed, sometimes our cereal moments get out of hand and well, one thing leads to another, and you know what I mean! But it is tradition and my nights would be utterly empty without this ritual. What is your “thing”?
posted by Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson


So, what is Matt's and my "thing"?

Everyday Matt and I have a special moment. If this didn't happen, then something must be wrong. In the morning, usually around 5:45 or 6:00 Matt will come kiss me goodbye for the day. He is all clean and smelling wonderful and will climb on the bed to snuggle with me. He tells me he loves and gives me kisses. Sometimes he lingers there, probably wishing he was me and could still be in bed. I always tell him the same thing. When he is getting ready to leave the room and is not too close to his not so fresh wife, I say "I love you and have a good day." That is about all I can come up with that early in the morning. I know Matt loves me and I love this ritual we have every morning.

So, as NieNie would ask, what is your "thing"?

1 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

This was so sweet to read. David and I have a few little things like this but the first one that came to mind is that we always give each other kiss after we pray. Morning, noon, or night. We say amen with a kiss.